domingo, 19 de abril de 2009

Surfing anthrpology

It's not easy to find a good internet site about social/cultural anthropology. There are some fine ones about anthropologists, and one every other blog that is fun to read without being absolutely crazy or simply a joke. But one of the pages I rescue is www.azapa.org/.
This page is actualy chilean, and some of the profesors and old sutents of our university write there, like Daniel González and Daniel Quiroz. Even though the aproach of azapa is a little too ethnographic and descriptive for my taste, I recognise that it has some really good texts by chilean antropologists and it also has a little online library where you can find very interesting texts from foreigner writers (anthropologists theme selfs or not) that we can relate with our discipline and that there are not very known for the common student.
I can´t say that I visite it a lot, but once in a while (once every other month) I like to pay a visit to see what's new, some times I take very nice surprices.

1 comentario:

  1. Camila,
    That’s a fine post that needs some editing to make it better. Check the spelling of the words in parentheses and review the notes below.

    domingo 19 de abril de 2009
    Surfing anthrpology
    It's not easy to find a good internet site about social/cultural anthropology. There are some fine ones about anthropologists, and one every other blog that is fun to read without being absolutely crazy or simply a joke. But one of the pages I rescue is www.azapa.org/.
    This page is actualy (chilean), and some of the proFfesors and old/FORMER sTUDents of our university write there, like Daniel González and Daniel Quiroz. Even though the aPproach of azapa is a little too ethnographic and descriptive for my taste, I (recognise) that it has some really good texts by chilean antropologists and it also has a little online library where you can find very interesting texts from foreigner writers (anthropologists (theme self) or not) that we can relate with our discipline and that there are not very known for the common student.
    I can´t say that I visit( ) it a lot, but once in a while (once every other month) I like to pay a visit to see what's new, some times I GET very nice (surprices).
    a) compare ‘old / former’
    b) compare ‘recognize: identify (person/voice) / acknowledge :admit (facts, mistakes) ’. Ex. I hardly recognized him / she doesn't want to admit that she's poor of hearing /She acknowledged herself in the wrong
    c) Review reflexive pronouns: http://www.englisch-hilfen.de/en/exercises/pronouns/reflexive_pronouns.htm
    http://www.ego4u.com/en/cram-up/grammar/pronouns/exercises?05

    ResponderEliminar