miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2009

My career

When I had to decide what to study, I wasn't shure at all of wich career was for me. In fact, I ended up picking Anthropology just because it was the humanist discipline with most posibilities for me to specialize in the future. But now, with two and a half years in it, I'm convinced that it was an excellent desition. In anthropology I found the theorical and methodologycal tools that will helpme to contribute to change society into a better place, by working directly with people.
This is what I want to do when I'm out of University, and I think that applaying branches of this discipline like Economyc or Polithical Anthropology to the day to day life of small groups of people we can really make a difference in the form that people (and of course our selfs as professionals) live and think about the way they live, for better.
To be a good anthropologist we have to be, in first place, very good writters, then we need to have good people habilities. But what I think is the most important is to have an open mind to understand all the ways of think, live and feel that we'll find when we start working.

1 comentario:

  1. Camila,
    That sounds like a very heartfelt post. I hope one day you are able to contribute to society the way you want. Please correct where necessary.

    miércoles 20 de mayo de 2009
    My career
    When I had to decide what to study, I wasn't (shure) at all of (wich) career was THE MOST APPROPRIATE for me. In fact, I ended up picking Anthropology just because it was the humanist discipline with most poSsibilities for me to specialize in the future. But now, with two and a half years in it, I'm convinced that it was an excellent (desition). In anthropology I found the theorical and methodologycal tools that will help me to contribute to change society into a better place, by working directly with people.
    This is what I want to do when I'm out of University, and I think that (applaying: DO YOU MEAN APPLIED?) branches of this discipline like (Economyc: COMPARE ‘ECONOMICS /ECONOMY/ ECONOMIC/ ECONOMICAL’)) or (Polithical) Anthropology to the day to day life of small groups of people we can really make a difference in the form that people (and of course (our selfs) as professionals) live and think about the way they live, for better.
    To be a good (anthropologist) we have to be, in THE first place, very good (writters), then we need to have good people (habilities). But what I think is the most important is to have an open mind to understand all the ways of (think, live and feel) that we'll find/FACE/ HAVE TO DEAL WITH when we start working.

    ResponderEliminar